Being Beta

Exercises in the higher banter with One of 26. Elsewhere called 'poet of adland'. By a whipple-squeezer. Find out why being beta is the new alpha: betarish at googlemail dot com

Wednesday, January 02, 2013

So, hello then, onefinestay

So right about now, I'm somewhere in an eyrie above Clerkenwell, fumbling with my laptop and doing those nervous things that you normally do on the first day of a new job.

That's because I'm settling in to my new role as head of brand at onefinestay.

I'm tremendously excited to be moving client side, and especially to one of London's unambiguous start-up success stories. Though truth be told we can't really call ourselves a start-up any more, after the achievements and momentum of the last three years.

I'm also lucky in that onefinestay-land is not entirely uncharted territory for me. I've been very fortunate to have worked with the founders since 2009 on defining the brand, and the rest of the business as and when they might have needed me. It's great to be doing it full time now.

The pitch, which you will hear multiple variations of over the coming years is simple: we give you the chance to live like a local in some of the world's greatest cities, by staying in beautiful and unique apartments, with none of the hassles associated with holiday rentals or the cookie-cutter boredom associated with hotels, boutique or otherwise.

We have lots and lots of ambitions, hopefully some of which I'll be able to share with you here from time to time.

And Air B'nB watch out - we're coming for you.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home