Being Beta

Exercises in the higher banter with One of 26. Elsewhere called 'poet of adland'. By a whipple-squeezer. Find out why being beta is the new alpha: betarish at googlemail dot com

Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Yearnote: 2012

Another year. I have been thinking over the last few days that I might struggle to fill this slot. But as it turns out, I needn't have worried. As it turns out to have been another busy year.

For starters, I ran my first half marathon, around Bath, for CoppaFeel! (I enjoyed it so much, I'm doing it again, in March.) I ran my second, in October, around a bloody freezing Greenwich, with a gammy leg and all.

I was anthologised, twice; first in Adventures in Form, and then in Lung Jazz.

I was also fortunate to have poems published at Dog Ear, Verbatim Poetry, Poems in Which, And Other Poems, The Great British Bard Off, and other places I have no doubt forgotten.

I did some stuff for the Brautigan Book Club, which was ace:



And I told you about Penny Secrets yesterday.

On the prose side of things, I had a short story published by the lovely folks at Bad Dollar.

I also won a short story competition courtesy of the lovely folks of And Other Stories.

During my sabbatical, I wrote 17,000 words of something that might see the light of day at some point.

And I also built Tower Bridge again.

Lego Tower Bridge

There were trips to New York and Paris

IMG-20121201-00024

A Room for London

A Room for London 21

and the BT Tower.

IMG00551-20120926-1742

And towards the end of the year, I bagged a bronze DMA award.

Which obviously meant it was a ripe time to move on to pastures new.

Which I'll tell you about tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home