Being Beta

Exercises in the higher banter with One of 26. Elsewhere called 'poet of adland'. By a whipple-squeezer. Find out why being beta is the new alpha: betarish at googlemail dot com

Thursday, March 04, 2010

Commercial: Road Reads

I have a habit when travelling, of wanting to take with me novels (or indeed any reportage) set in the city I'm visiting. Generally, I've had to operate on the basis of my own knowledge and recommendations of others, which has worked fine, but obviously you worry about what other potential titles you could be missing out on.

So I'm very glad to have stumbled across BiblioTravel, a site that matches books to locations. The work of two librarians, it's the first comprehensive repository of such information that I've seen.

Naturally there are lacuna, and I'd like some sort of integration with Dopplr and.or another travel site, so that when I logged a trip I'd get some recommendations (maybe even links to ebooks to download directly), but as a v1.0 it's pretty cool.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home