Being Beta

Exercises in the higher banter with One of 26. Elsewhere called 'poet of adland'. By a whipple-squeezer. Find out why being beta is the new alpha: betarish at googlemail dot com

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Commercial: [insert relevant Germans / railway joke]



Just to reinforce any lingering cultural stereotypes that you might have had about our cousins on the Rhine; when you get a chance, head over to Bahn.de, where, no word of a lie, it's actually quicker to plan your rail journeys... in the UK.

I'm not joking. Above's the screen for when you plug in a short hop from London to Oxford. Click on the image for full details. When I tried to enter a similar journey on National Rail, from Berlin to Hamburg, it asked me whether I meant Bodmin Parkway to Ardrossan Harbour.

Thanks to Ms Malice for the tip, who I believe is currently running round the Fatherland as we write.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home