Being Beta

Exercises in the higher banter with One of 26. Elsewhere called 'poet of adland'. By a whipple-squeezer. Find out why being beta is the new alpha: betarish at googlemail dot com

Friday, September 19, 2008

Open House London 2008


Just a quick note to remind you that this weekend is a godsend to all you London-based property hounds.

It's Open House time, which means it's your chance to go places where you normally can't.

Two years ago, I wrote:

Open House is almost the perfect form of recreation for the English, combining as it does walking, queuing, snooping and property.


And I think that's still true. Fingers crossed the weather's sunny.

Ms Beta and I are volunteering this year at Highpoint in Highgate, one of the high temples to European modernism. We're on the afternoon shift on the Saturday, so if you're in the area, do pop by and say hi. I think I've been assigned to the tearoom, where I'll have this week's Economist, and maybe The Ghost too.

And plan your snooping here.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home