Being Beta

Exercises in the higher banter with One of 26. Elsewhere called 'poet of adland'. By a whipple-squeezer. Find out why being beta is the new alpha: betarish at googlemail dot com

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Capsule: Liberation theology



It was only by watching the hinge moment from Napoleon Dynamite last night that I realised a fundamental truth. That dancing truly is freedom, and it is freedom brought from not from rage or loneliness or a desire to show the world that you exist (although all those readings can be brought into this scene) - but instead it comes from a rock-solid confidence in your difference, from your peers, from the currents of the world around you.

And yes it truly is liberating, if you can shed your inhibitions on the floor: not for nothing was 'Canned Heat' used here:

I used to worry about the future
But then I throw my caution to the wind.
I had no reason to be care free
No no no, until I took a trip to the other side of town...
Dance, nothing left for me to do but dance,
Off these bad times I'm going through just dance


Remember that next time you feel too shy or inhibited to hit the floor: I dance therefore I am.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home