Being Beta

Exercises in the higher banter with One of 26. Elsewhere called 'poet of adland'. By a whipple-squeezer. Find out why being beta is the new alpha: betarish at googlemail dot com

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

As fast as a duck

My Dopplr annual report 2008

That's me on my travels, according to my personal annual report from Dopplr. It's a lovely thing that has already gone up on my wall, and I'm pretty sure that it's the first time that a social/online/media network thingy has actually given me something tangible. Which suggests one way that differentiation will start to occur - is it possible to take your facebooking and twittering into the real world and make it tangible? Will you want to?

The other, is of course, language: taking something abstract like miles traveled, and turning it into comparable, graspable facts. Like miles to Saturn. Or waddle speed.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Paul Campy said...

I love having one of these, so nice to have something tangible! Scary how much CO2 I'm using up though...

6:46 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home