Being Beta

Exercises in the higher banter with One of 26. Elsewhere called 'poet of adland'. By a whipple-squeezer. Find out why being beta is the new alpha: betarish at googlemail dot com

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Self Portrait Postcards


For the last few years, I’ve been doing something a little quixotic.

Nearly every time that I update my status in Facebook, I’ve also been recording those thoughts in a notebook.

Loyal readers of this blog might also be aware that from time to time, they appear, collated as Listoramas, like so.

I can’t remember quite why I started doing this.

Maybe it was because I thought they were worth preserving in some way. Maybe I’m a touch more obsessive than I like to let on to myself.

Now, working with designer Matt Busher, we've turned those status updates into postcards.

Because we think these updates provide a little snapshot of me, we’ve been calling them ‘portraits’.

And a thousand of them will be on display at the Her House Gallery, 26 Drysdale Street, in Hoxton, between Friday 30 September and Thursday 6 October. (The show's closed on Sunday 2 October.)

You can find out more at selfportraitpostcards.com


View Larger Map

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Marvin said...

Really cool! I definitely plan to come along and see it!

11:10 pm  
Blogger BetaRish said...

Hurrah! The more the merrier.

9:15 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home